Enhance your health and bring joy to your taste buds with your own homemade fermented kombucha tea. Easy to make and delicious to drink, kombucha tea has numerous health benefits. Can be brewed with black or green tea and plain white sugar. (FREE shipping).
Simple Recipe for one quart of kombucha tea:
- 1 kombucha scoby in starter tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 green or black tea bags of your choice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Boil water and steep tea bags in water for 5-10 minutes. Remove tea bags and add sugar to tea. Stir to dissolve sugar and let cool.
- When tea is cooled to 100 degree or cooler, pour into one-quart mason jar. Add SCOBY and starter tea. Top off jar with water and close loosely. TIP: A piece of paper towel held on with a screw-on canning band makes a great pest-proof lid that allows the kombucha to expand as needed.
- Ferment at least 2 days, or up to 2 weeks depending on taste. Enjoy! Remember to leave 1/2 cup tea at the bottom of your jar for starting your next batch of kombucha tea.